10 Tips To Help You Crush National Self Improvement Month
National Self Improvement Month is a wonderful opportunity for all of us to focus on improving ourselves.
Whether it be from a health perspective, with fitness or diet; or from an emotional perspective, with meditation and mindfulness; or from a financial perspective, with budgeting and saving; or from an interpersonal perspective, with communication and relationship-building; or from an intellectual perspective, with reading and learning; or from an emotional perspective, with journaling and prayer. Whatever your area of improvement may be, this month is the perfect time to get started.
If you're like me and want to improve, but struggle to make the time and actually do it, then this month is for you.
If you're ready to make some positive changes in 2022, here are 10 tips to help you crush National Self Improvement Month:
1. Make a list of all the things that are important to you. This could be career, family, friends, fitness or anything else. Be honest with yourself and don't leave anything out.
2. Take a few minutes and write down how each item contributes to your overall happiness and well-being.
3. Now look at each item and think about what might be holding you back from achieving it? Is it lack of money? Time? Lack of knowledge? Fear? Once you know what's holding you back, come up with ways that you can overcome these hurdles and move forward towards your goal!
4. Once you have identified the barriers that are holding you back from achieving each goal, come up with strategies on how you can overcome them (if needed). For example: If one of your goals is wanting more money but not having any savings then maybe start saving $5 per week until we get enough saved up for whatever it is that we need or want!
5. Don't set unrealistic goals. Start small - Don't overwhelm yourself with a huge goal that's going to take months or years to complete. Choose something small that can be completed within a week or two and then move on from there.
6. Set a deadline - If you don't set a deadline for yourself, your procrastination will get the best of you and we'll never get anything done!
7. Make it fun! - The best way I've found so far to make things fun is by doing them with friends or family members who also want to improve themselves in some way
8. Avoid procrastination by setting aside time each day for self-improvement activities that are quick but still count toward your overall goals (like reading 15 minutes before bed each night).
9. Keep track of your progress using calendars, notebooks or apps (like Daylio) so that you don't lose motivation when things get hard or boring!
10. Be grateful for everything that has happened in your life so far — even if it hasn’t gone as planned or turned out as expected, there are still things to be grateful for. Gratitude helps us appreciate what we have now so we can focus on building upon those things instead of wasting time wishing for something different that may never happen anyway!
But it's not just about setting goals and making plans, it's about following through on those goals and plans. It's time to get real about what you want in life and how you're going to get it.